Welcome ski parent!
Nordic skiing is an amazing lifetime family sport.
- Mandatory Volunteering: Parent participation is an essential part of our team’s cohesiveness and success, and each family should expect to contribute noticeable time and energy to sustain the growth of their skiers and vitality of the club. Please see our detailed information about volunteering to fulfill your requirement.
- Transportation: Parents are responsible for transporting all U8 – U14 athletes to and from practice and races.
- Athlete Preparedness: If a U10 – U14 athlete arrives at a practice or race without adequate food, drink, warm clothing or the necessary gear, parents must either find a warm place to wait with their child or transport them home. Remember your trail pass and headlamp!
- Eldora ski passes: An Eldora Nordic ski pass is required at all times to ski at the Eldora Mountain Resort Nordic Center. We encourage all family members to purchase Eldora Nordic season passes so that parents can ski while your athletes practice.
- Eldora after-hours waiver: To ski during after-hours team practice, all skiers including parents must have already signed an Eldora after-hours waiver. The after-hours waiver is only available at the Nordic Center during regular business hours.
- BNC membership: It is highly recommended that all BNJRT families should also join the Boulder Nordic Club to support the local nordic scene, especially in-town skiing.